The idea for TacTile Pinpoint® came in 2015 when the founder realised that the haptic feedback solution the market was providing was primitive and restrained the functionality of touch screens, as well as presenting significant safety hazards. Following two years research and development the Danish company Camar was established to further develop and commercialise TacTile Pinpoints® haptic technology.
Haptic feedback is well known in the market but mostly gives a rudimentary reactive state without any proactive guidance. In the evolution from mobile phones to smartphones, the human interaction disappeared. In the “old days” one could text under the table without looking due to the physical buttons, we decided to invent a haptic proactive guidance that would bring the human interaction back. Since 2015 the founder has researched, developed, and patented our haptic solutions which are easy to use and implement into UI/UX applications in touch screen devices.
We are reaching out to software developers across all industries to freely explore and implement our proactive haptic components in their own applications. To enable this we are building an online platform containing all of our proactive haptic components that can easily be incorporated into new products greatly improving the user's experience.
Camar's patented and patent pending PCT inventions of proactive haptic components suite for applications in touch devices.
The technology TacTile Pinpoint® uses vibration to dramatically increase the haptic feedback from touch devices, allowing users proactive guidance and an intuitive experience, while reducing the need to look at the touchscreen.
In addition, the TacTile Pinpoint® suite provides the new Feedforward solutions to give a much quicker access to control functionalities without the need to looking at the screen including algorithmics that estimates what action you are about to perform and guides by colours to reach a touch target.
• Rotating wheel and slider functions that gives tactile feedback whenever changing a Category or Element during the browsing process.
• Proactive guidance and haptic feedback in soft key press area that gives a proactive vibration when reaching target without triggering an action.
• Long press or Release to trigger function, and timer for release. Two different solution for triggering an action; one long press or release to trigger.
• Proactive guidance and haptic feedback in the outer perimeter of softkeys, icons and areas that gives a vibration signal when an edge/frame is reached.
• Edge/frame tracking for outer perimeter.
• Proactive guidance and Haptic feedback in the inner perimeters of softkeys, icons and areas that gives vibration signal when for example the center of a softkey is reached.
• Vibration library with different haptic patterns to distinguish softkeys from each other providing the option to choose the vibration pattern(s) that fit with the function and behaviour. The library can be expanded.
• Adjustable frames (edge detection) which provides the ability to easily extend the width of vibrations on an edge/frame of an application.
• Sound files for voice or sound effects to indicate features.
• Feedforward; Action, Activation and Feedforward that:
1) Provide quicker access to control functionalities without the need to look at the screen.
2) Having algorithmics that predict what action you are about to perform and, for example, guide by colours to reach a touch target. A user friendly feature especially for larger screens.
Home Gydevang 39-41, DK 3450 Alleroed, Denmark, CVR 38454013
Phone +45 81 74 74 24